Max has forgiven me for being gone for 3 weeks and now won't leave my side. Stupid cat. I have to disinfect myself every few minutes!
The bruises are getting much better and even though I am not really gaining much weight I FEEL much healthier. The weight will come in time. I am still on a renal diet, so I am limited on dairy, beans, cantaloupe, and cola. Yeah... limiting the dairy is the hardest part. I need some cheese for the fat! Plus, I just love cheese and cream cheese and milk and cottage cheese and ice cream and milkshakes and and... sigh... this renal diet needs to end. Hopefully my creatinine levels are much lower and I can get a normal diet soon. Surprisingly my sugars are staying very normal, so that's encouraging. I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day but I don't take any insulin. Jeff has started buying a lot of sugar-free things, so that helps too. In case you're wondering, low sugar maple syrup isn't that good. It's not horrible, but it ain't that tasty, either.
Mayhaps some of my PH peeps want to know how these drugs compare to PH drugs. Let me count the ways... I still spend time on the toilet every morning thanks to Cellcept (anti-rejection). My tremors are actually kind of bad today thanks to the Prograf (anti-rejection). I have noticed that a little headache crops up every once in a while. Not enough to do anything about. Yet. But not having the Remo rash is kind of nice! My skin color is a bit pallid, I'm not gonna lie. I haven't gotten any sun for years (haven't needed it with my "healthy glow"). My lips are pretty pale and my normal lip glosses add NO color. I need some heavy duty color on those puppies! My hair color is really, really dull. Really dull. I bought some stuff to help shine it up, so it should work. I've used it before (the Fekkai Salon Glaze). I have a bald spot where my head rested for a week when i was in la-la land. But my hair isn't coming out in clumps anymore and I'm hoping I can get some shine back in it so I look a bit less "tortured."
I still fall asleep sitting up, so that hasn't changed. But I have started dreaming at night, or at least now I know I'm dreaming. Still no problems falling asleep (knock on wood). My chest still feels VERY tight and I do get uncomfortable at night. Again, nothing too bad, but just annoying.
Oh yeah! I need to post the "rules for visiting." Here goes:
Remember. I have NO immune system. Bacteria, viruses, and icky things will get me sick. If I get sick I could start rejecting my new lungs. If I start rejecting my new lungs it could kill me. You don't want to be the one who kills me. Well... at least I hope not!
1. You can't be sick. I love you. I do. I want to see you. But I can see you in a few weeks when you are NOT sick and then you haven't killed me and I am still alive to see you. I am not going anywhere. I promise.
2. You can't have been around anyone who is sick, might be sick, felt like they might be sick, or kids with runny noses or sneezy, icky poo stuff. Thank you :-)
3. Please make sure you are fairly clean when you come over. Like don't mow the grass and then come say Hi... take a shower first!
4. For the first few months, you'll need to wear a mask and gloves in the house. I know. But it keeps me from getting sick, and that's the goal. If we go outside, I'll get to wear the mask and you guys can take yours off :-)
5. There is hand sanitizer all over the house. If for some reason you aren't wearing gloves (like you are eating with us... I am not gonna make you wear gloves to eat), please use it liberally. We'll ensure that you do.
6. Your feet have been who knows where... and we mop and disinfect the floors. If you are able, please leave your shoes at the door. If you have the ugliest feet known to mankind, then please leave your shoes on. We'll disinfect after you leave.
7. Remember, no cut flowers or potted plants. They could have aspergillus, which is a nasty fungus that I can't fight off.
8. If you aren't wearing your mask (we are eating), please sneeze or cough into your arm or sleeve. And then disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer. Or wash them. Or do both.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call me or e-mail me (once I get in and clean out my inbox! ha ha... I've been scared to go through my thousands of junk e-mails...). It's not too hard and we'd love to see you! Plus the house is nice and clean, so come over while most of the shit is put away and cleaned up :-P You can see our dining room table! It's kind of a miracle...
No comments:
Post a Comment