Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm unencumbered!

This entire post happened yesterday. I just kept falling asleep trying to finish it due to the pain meds and mucle relaxant. All of my chest tubes are out! Do you know what that means? I am attached to NOTHING! I have a regular IV in my arm and the Frankenneck but I can get up and walk around freely. SO excited! Except that I have wasted away most of the morning sleeping... all b/c I am not too smart. When I got up once to use the bathroom I decided to open my curtain so I could have some more light in here. It was a little tough. I have to pull a long chain and I ended up pulling a chest muscle on my left side. I needed 100 mg of Fentanyl to make the pain bearable, which put me to sleep. Good grief. I guess I am still weak sauce. I have been in pain all day :-( It hasn't been good. The pain meds make me so sleepy! I missed a visit from a friend b/c I was asleep (luckily I was awake for my other visitors! But I still feel awful that I was asleep when she came). So it has been one of those days... I was also given a muscle relaxant, which seems to put me in a very weird state of mind. My kidneys are finally starting to show signs of progress. They want to keep me here long enough to make sure they are really doing well so we can avoid having to do a tunneled catheter (like my old Remodulin IV) so they can send me home and come back to the hospital for dialysis. Tunneled catheters are nice, but there are risks with putting them in, the risk of infection, and then having to pull it back out. So Dr. Y might keep me here an extra few days to avoid the catheter. I did 700 ml yesterday and am up to 1000 ml as of today! The magic number! I can't wait to see how the next few days go! I haven't really done anything today b/c the docs didn't want me moving around and possibly injuring myself worse. It's a good thing I didn't have anywhere important to be! :-P But after a day of being stuck in bed right after I gained my freedom from the chest tubes just makes me kinda mad that I overdid it. The only good thing I can say is that none of the doctors made me feel stupid for trying to open the curtain! I'll keep this post short b/c I don't have much to say and I keep misspelling words as I am falling asleep. Again...

No comments:

Post a Comment