Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Lungs, New Life part 3

I am so sorry about the huge run-on paragraph! Ugh. I could not have even pulled through this without all of the wonderful support from all of you. Jeff would read my text messages and Facebook comments. They were so awesome and meant so much! Thank you all. Of course my biggest shout out goes to Jeff. He is my rock, my hero, my love, and my reason for fighting so hard. People came and visited me when I was mostly comatose. People brought Jeff and my parents food and drinks. I have to say that the support from everyone has been amazing, really. Holly brought me 6 huge balloons, one of which is a gorgeous butterfly and the cutest stuffed monkey I've ever seen. Those balloons got me through a LOT of pain. They are so cheery and cute that I would stare at them while I was in crazy pain and think about how awesome it is to be alive and any pain is bearable, really. Jennell brought me a basket filled with all sorts of writing stuff, books, magazines, and hand sanitizer. She also brought window clings so we could decorate for the 4th of July! Suzanne brought me a bag with an awesome robe, all kinds of lotions, those really cool moisturizing socks, some lip balm (thank goodness!)and some magazines. I love those girls :-) The phone calls have been awesome, but more than anything, it has been everyone who has taken the time to drive here to visit me and say Hi. I had a few of the post-transplant people stop by, John and Tom. Both of whom look awesome. Remember Tom also had PH and was transplanted 10 weeks ago... Fred and Kathy stopped by. I love them both so much- they are awesome family members whom Jeff and I love hanging out with. Andy stopped by and brought me McDonald's. Pre-approved, of course. Holy Bananas, Batman, eating that burger and those fries was absolute heaven on Earth. That made my whole day! Holly spent 30 minuutes detangling my hair from being a rats nest for so long. My PH doc and his nurse stopped by, along with all of the surgeons, doctors and nurses who kept me alive. I was always a bit emotional when one of the people who saved my life came to visit me. I've had all sorts of hospital people visit me. It's been amazing, really. I also need to say a huge Thank You to my parents. They are staying with us for several weeks and spend hours with me every day. My Mom brushes my hair and they have both been amazingly supportive. They help me walk around the halls here, too. My Dad leaves next week (I should be out of the hospital by the end of next week) and my Mom will stay a few more weeks to help me while Jeff goes back to work. I had my pacemaker wires removed today and the huge triple lumen thing in my neck. My white blood cell count is high, so they need to find out if I have an infection. My chest scar is now open to the air. The dialysis lines are still in the other side of my neck. They are trying to get everything out of me so my risk of infection is much lower. I will be waiting on my kidneys to come back before they can discharge me. I am falling asleep writing this, so I need to take a nap. I'll post this and continue the saga when I am awake and functioning :-) Love all of you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Our sweet Katie, oh how happy u have made all of us by pulling through and showing us all who have PPH that there is a chance to beat this by transplant. We LOVE u Katie! All of us who had the wonderful chance to get to know u, love u so very much and r so very proud of how hard u fought to beat this. Please continue the fight as u have with such grace and strength! U r awesome Katie! Wonderfully Awesome! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - While you're (re)discovering that the little things inspire you to live, you should know that your giant tribulations inspire me (and I'm sure many others) to enjoy the little things, too! Man! Life is grand! Thanks for the reminder!!!!!

    ReplyDelete