Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I love uneventful days

Today has been fairly boring, which is good! They did take out Frankenneck today so I only have an arm IV left... oh I am so looking forward to a nice, 30-minute hot shower in my own bathroom after all of this with no plastic baggie thingie taped over my IV, no dressing change when I'm done. I'll slather myself with Bliss lotion from Suzanne (which helped maintain my sanity in here also) and just enjoy being alive :-) They also removed all of my dressings. I am dressing-free! My chest incision has SO MUCH GLUE. Wow. I am just supposed to let it slough off on it's own. That's really the only thing that's tight feeling. All that glue holding my incision shut (and stitches on the inside) is tight! I can't wait til the glue is gone. But I like taking each little victory as it comes. So my tremors are BAD today. So I asked my respiratory therapist if the nebulizers cause headaches (cuz I've had a low-grade headache all day). She said yes AND they cause tremors!!!! No wonder I'm shaking like a leaf today! I like when I get explanations that make sense. One of my surgeons just stopped by to check on me. He said that because of the valve repair that I would need to be on blood thinners for a few months. And an aspirin for the rest of my life. Oh, I was dreading the response when I squeaked out, "Heparin?" and he said, oh no, coumadin. I think I started laughing! I was like, Doc, I'll gladly take coumadin for a few months and raise you an aspirin for the rest of my life! That is so easy! No problem there. I think they even have orange flavored chewable aspirin at that dose. Wheeee! So Friday is looking pretty firm for getting me freed from here. I keep telling them that I only live 20 minutes away and will come back if something weird happens (they already know this). I got to play with my glucometer today. Man, am I happy for good insurance. I get the good monitor, the good lancets and the good test strips (well, Tricare doesn't cover the lancets or test strips). And I get to keep all my prescriptions here at the hospital. That is a huge relief b/c my doses are going to be changing all the time over the next few months. I can't deal with my CVS- they've already screwed some stuff up. At least if they screw it up here I have a team of wild banshees that I can unleash on them to bring the fury of 1000 angry women. Oh, not really? Okay... They have a lot of people transfer all their stuff to Balboa so they don't even have to pay the co-pays... but then I'd have to deal with Balboa. Hmmm... life is precious. Do I want to spend 2 hrs out of every month picking up my precriptions or do I want to pay a small co-pay for my sanity to be able to come here and pick stuff right up. Guess we'll have to see how bad the co-pays get!! I gladly paid the co-pays on my Tracleer and Revatio to avoid the insanity of Balboa. But now I might have like 20 prescriptions. Oye! My pressure ulcer is hurting quite a bit now. I am really looking forward to getting home and having a variety of seating options available so that I can find some comfort and relief. My parents started taking stuff home today just so we don't have a whole bunch of crap left for Friday. I guess Max is really intrigued by the balloons. I wish I was there to watch him figure out how to bat at them! I guess there's some sort of helium shortage out here. Maybe Holly took all the rest for all of my huge balloons :-) I am going to savor those balloons as long as I can... And that's all that's new here. See? Nothing exciting. So my Dad got Jeff this Bluetooth keyboard thing for his iPad (you slide the iPad in the top cover and the bottom in a rubberized full keyboard that you just use the bluetooth and then you have a keyboard to type on. The top rests in a groove at an angle, so you can see the full screen. Well, the case is leather. Some of you know my love for cow-butt. I just can't help it. The smell of leather makes me a little giddy. Like freshly vacuumed carpet and old books. So I type all of these posts smelling the yummy smell of leather. Makes me a very happy girl :-) Yes, I know I am a bit weird. It makes me cool, right? RIGHT? That's what I thought... I hope all of you have a really good, uneventful night. Sometimes, those are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment