I have to admit that I kinda like driving up the 805 to the hospital 4 times a week. Okay, I'll be serious. It's kind of a pain. But I love watching the Hornets and the 53s and the Ospreys out of Miramar. I don't know why it's so damn motivating, but it is. So as we were driving up today some jets flew over and I had the sad realization that I wasn't gonna get jets. HAHAHAHA! Hee hee... oh, that made me laugh out loud. It's a joke with helicopter pilots... when you're in flight school the big thing is whether or not you are gonna get jets. I never wanted jets, so it worked out well for me. But once you get helicopters the joke is that you aren't gonna get jets if you get a bad grade on a flight cuz now you fly the slow behemoths. Anyway, it's kind of funny for us pilot types.
And it reminded me of when I had a Marine friend who flew Hornets and would invite me to all of his "hangar parties." They were really fun. The jets have crazy money and crazy sponsors, so they would close down the jet hangars on like a Friday night at Miramar and have food catered and let people climb on the jets and just have big parties. I don't know if they even do that anymore. And then I got to thinking about how awesome it will be once I can go to a bar/ dance club and get really sweaty on the dance floor in my stilettos with the encrusted Swarovski crystals without getting out of breath. What do I care if I have to wear a mask? I'll encrust it with crystals too and look pretty darn sexy :-)
Oh... sorry... got off on a tangent there... so the Dr visit today was good. Still adjusting my meds. Yay. I am improving teeny weeny bits each day. They are very happy with my progress, so I'll just keep going slowly and I'll accomplish my goals in due time. Keeping all of these pills sorted is kind of a pain. Some you take on an empty stomach, some you need to take with food. Some you need to wait a certain amount of time after other pills, some you take all at once. I check my blood sugars 4 times a day. I wish I could snack all day long, but I really shouldn't. It throws my sugars out of whack, messes up the drugs, and generally causes problems. That's really the only annoying part. It's hard to put on weight with only 3 meals a day (even if they are big). I'll take a picture of my pills each day. Jeff fills them up after clinic but he had some errands to run this afternoon, so my pill containers aren't made up yet. Jeff has alarms set in his phone and it seems like every time we turn around the alarm is going off again. It's really not a big deal, though... taking all of the pills. I'm kind of getting used to throwing them back a handful at a time :-P
Well, I can't think of anything else extraordinarily witty this afternoon, so I'll sign off before I bore you. I am including a pic of the butterfly that we saw on our walk last night. It just stayed there like it was expecting Jeff to take glamour shots of it. So he obliged it :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment