Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sad, dead garden

Lots to talk about today!  But I have lots of pictures too, so hopefully you'll all stay interested.

Everything is fine with me.  Still doing well.  I hit another wicket and my next doctor appt is a month away!  Woo hoo!  A month without having to see the doc is pretty exciting.  I just keep telling myself to just stay safe...

Which leads me to this morning.  I was awake early and decided to go water my dead garden before it got too hot today (but we are finally supposed to start cooling down!  Yay!  Until it gets hot again...).  It's a sad, dead garden.  Getting a lung transplant will do that, I guess.
Notice all the brown and lack of green?
So I'm watering and step on a bee.  Yup.  Lil' stinker stings me and I'm flinging my foot around trying to get it off and it was awesome.  Reminded me of the last time I was stung by a bee more than 10 years ago.  IN MY NOSE.  Yup.  I was out running and inhaled a bee into my nose.  Yes... this shit really happens to me.  I was still a few bocks from the house so I am a crying, stumbling, hysterical mess trying to run home (with my dog... we had more than a few fun adventures that ended in injuries for me, never for her.  Hmpfh).  I get home and discover that the stinger and the entire poison sac is still in my nose.  The only way to get it out is with tweezers.  So I ended up squeezing the sac into my nose trying to get the stinger out.  Yeah, my face swelled up nicely.  But today's bee sting only hurt for 15 minutes or so, thank goodness. 

Last Wednesday was our Anniversary!  Jeff and I have made it through 4 very long years.  Being with him didn't make the years long!  All the medical stuff!  Geez, people...  I could wax poetic about how amazing he is, but most of you already know.  Although, the fact that he is so amazing makes me feel like a schmuck sometimes.  Do you know that he never, ever brings up mistakes that I've made?  Ever. So of course I would be a complete moron to joke about his past mistakes.  Ugh.  Sometimes all you wanna do is bring up that one time...  And he has not ever complained about having to take care of me. So I pretty much have to be a better person since I married such a fantastic guy.  Kinda stinks sometimes when my little devil horns want to come out!  He took me to dinner at George's at the Cove in La Jolla.  We watched the most amazing sunset and had an amazing meal.  

Aww... aren't we adorable... I made Jeff take the pic since his arms are longer. We don't look like aliens. Too much.
The pink party dress I couldn't wear on my birthday! 
The view from the upstairs bar at George's
So last weekend was the Adams Ave Street Fair.  I walked there, wandered around, and walked back!  Easy breathing :-)  It's more of a band/ beer fest so I happily left Jeff (and his VIP unlimited beer tasting) with his friends and came home about 3.  I was hoping for better vendors/ artists but most of it was flea market crap (sunglasses, ponchos, etc. Not saying that sunglasses and ponchos aren't fantastic, but I don't want to buy 5 for $10).  There is an Art Glass Guild show next weekend that I can't wait to go check out.  This Saturday Jeff and I are going to see STOMP.  

Jeff and I have been walking through Kensington more frequently (well, because we can).  We happened to walk past the local florist.  Florists always have cute stuff.  I noticed the pillow in the window.  I love burlap stuff.  Then I really noticed the pillow in the window.

Fabulousness
It is all of the street names in our neighborhood!!!!!  Of course I bought the pillow, duh.  And kitchen towels and a wine bottle bag...  They also sell specialty salt blends, most of which I haven't seen anywhere else, like ginger sesame.  I was a little freaked out to be in a florist shop... I was masked up and ready to bolt if I saw fresh flowers sitting in water anywhere.  But everything was in the case in back.  On my walk back from the street fair I stopped in and got a chocolate bar with pistachios, rose petals, lavender, and strawberries.  Yeah, it didn't suck.  

Oh, I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath to know if I've been running.  Nope.  I haven't been.  I've been out walking, but it feels like I am 100 years old.  I am not kidding.  I am exhausted from the first step.  My muscles hurt the whole walk and it's hard.  I am fine when I get home, though, and not too tired at all.  But it takes me about 20 minutes of walking to feel "warmed up" and then I really only wanna go for another 10 minutes and come home.  I know that I am rebuilding a lot of muscle.  I just keep telling myself that :-P  I really am taking it fairly slow because I really do not want to injure myself.  

The treadmill is easier, but you know darn tootin' well that I have a story about that too!!  So last Friday I had clinic and saw the doc.  I wore my exercise stuff so I would be motivated to go to MCRD.  I drive there.  Get on base.  Go park.  Get my shit together (mask, water, sanitizer, keys, ID card, and music).  Notice the huge truck unloading ellipticals into the parking lot.  Get inside and go upstairs only to find out that the entire cardio center is closed because they are changing all of the machines.  Want to scream and jump around in frustration.  Now it is 90+ degrees out and I really should do something athletic since I'm dressed for it.  Ugh.  Drive home, get all my shit together (mask, keys, music, douse myself in sunscreen) and go for a nice, sweaty walk at noon.  Sigh...  so no running yet.  

But I'll keep you posted! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment