Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life is a circus act

My Sun Gold cherry tomatoes have Septoria Leaf Spot. Sniff sniff. I noticed a few affected leaves a while back, plucked them off, did some research and left it alone. That was dumb. I should have sprayed. So now my healthy-looking little plant is infected. Jeff cut out most of the leaves (but we left a few since the poor plant would have been bald and I do have fruit that have set), put them in a plastic bag and threw them away.

We went to Home Depot prepared to buy an arsenal of fungicides to attack this beast. I wanted organic tomatoes, but I don't want to lose all of my 'maters and hard work so far... so Daconil it is. I am really hoping I can get it in check. The leaves all still looked very healthy, not yellow, with the little dark spots. I shake my fist in fury at you, Septoria!!

Well... I'm sure you know how a trip to Home Depot goes... We need fungicide! Oh, we need some parsley, mint, and tarragon! Oh, we need another pot! Oh, let's buy a hanging basket for the front porch! What? There are more in the parking lot? OH JEFF! Meyer Lemon and Key Lime trees! We need BIG pots! Let's grow them in pots! Oh, we need soil! Jeff, go grab a big, flat cart! Good thing I already bought fruit tree fertilizer! And... $200 later with Jeff's little car stuffed to the gills with plants and soil and BIG pots, we headed home :-) Most awesome Home Depot trip ever.

I got some Meyer Lemons last week at the store and made freshly squeezed lemonade infused with fresh Rosemary from our backyard. Yummy. I am giddy with excitement about growing them on my back patio! Jeff is super excited about potting my trees... :-P And of course we got home and realized we forgot the big dishes to sit under the pots. I want them to have wheels so I can move them around if need be. Guess we have to go back. Oh, darn.

Our back patio is starting to look like a jungle. I will take a pic today after we get the trees potted.

I have to go to my Primary Care doc today. She is a sweetheart... a cute little thing who really knows hardly anything about PH. I love military medicine and their silly rules :-P I feel a rant starting about my last appointment and waiting 40 minutes when the receptionist forgot to check the box on the computer that I was there so no one knew I had checked in... of course I left after I found that out. So they called me for weeks to reschedule, which I eventually did. I shall not rant, I shall not rant...

I went crazy and scheduled a dental cleaning for next week. I figure that I'll surely get the call for lungs when I have all of that yucky buffing paste on my teeth :-) Just the way good ol' Murphy works.

And of course the electrician we had scheduled to come out on Saturday never showed up. If Jeff hadn't called I doubt he ever would have let us know his first job ran late. So we had to find a new electrician to come on Tuesday.

I also ordered some yarn a few weeks back that I didn't receive. Two separate purchases about a week apart. I just completely forgot about them with all of the stuff currently on my plate. But I realized it Friday afternoon. After double and triple checking my e-mails to ensure they were supposed to come to my address in San Diego, I e-mailed the company to ask if they had any info. Turns out a software glitch had reverted the address on the label printout to the one in FL. Yesterday we got a slip saying that one of the packages had arrived. Postage Due. $8.13. Jeff was quite livid and wanted me to e-mail the company again to tell them to give me a credit for the postage (since I'll be paying full postage twice for 2 packages delivered to the wrong address that wasn't my fault).

I thought it was absolutely hysterical. OF COURSE my missing yarn would turn up postage due!! This company is one of my favorites. I adore their yarn and have been buying from them for quite a while. I am just going to mention when I e-mail them to let them know I have both packages that they came postage due. I'll see what happens :-)

Anyone who doesn't think life is a complete circus act is obviously not having the same types of fun I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment