Ha ha! I wondered how long I could go before the texts and posts started- wondering if I am still alive. Just kidding about that, actually. I have just been busy.
Things have been going really well. I am getting stronger and really love pushing myself hard either at pulmonary rehab or out walking. It feels SO GOOD to use my muscles and break a sweat (not a very drippy sweat, though). I tried jogging a bit the other day and it just felt weird. My muscles are still too jiggly. I like pulmonary rehab, but I am gonna like going to the gym by myself A LOT more. I am an anti-social gym rat. I don't make eye contact, I don't want to chat, I just want to slap on my headphones and exercise. I like pumping, thumping dance music to carry me to the end of my treadmill journey to nowhere, thank you very much.
I had a horrible migraine last Friday. Horrible. I hate headaches and this one caused puking. I am pretty sure I have puked more since transplant than all of my college and flight school drinking days combined. That's icky! Okay, maybe not ALL of my college and flight school days... but most :-) I survived the night (barely) and felt better on Saturday. I really hope that migraines don't become a normal thing.
I think it's the heat, but I have recently discovered that I need handmade felted slippers from Etsy, Nordic sweaters and Pendleton blankets. Well, I've been pretty good and have only bought a Nordic sweater so far... Because it gets so cold here in SoCal. And it does! 60 degrees in flip flops is chilly! A big sweater would help. Maybe I am secretly hoping Jeff takes me skiing this winter (hint, hint honey).
My doc says I'm in the "honeymoon phase" where everything is groovy and things are great. Until about 9 months and then shit hits the fan. Well, okay, maybe some people have a little hurdle... It would be nice to not get complacent and have too many problems. Gotta keep hand sanitizing!
But there really isn't much going on. I have been having fun taking Marty and Anne sightseeing around San Diego. It's been nice to get out of the house!
Don't worry, though. I'm sure something will happen that will make a great blog post soon... I did discover that I can buy a mini Beyonce chicken online. I might just buy one. Or I might discover my own Beyonce chicken :-) For those who don't know about the Beyonce chicken, here is a link to (what I think is) probably one of the funniest blog posts ever written. It's pretty damn funny. Jeff lets me buy whatever I want. Because he's read the Beyonce story and doesn't want to test me. Mwahahaha! And did you know that mwahahaha is now a word in the Oxford Dictionary? Yup. I'd better not be seeing red dots under the word telling me it's spelled incorrectly anymore! This world is falling apart, my friends.
Beyonce the Chicken
Sigh... the article about Mwahahaha... b/c I had to post it.
No comments:
Post a Comment