Friday, June 22, 2012

Iced coffee/ cold brewing

Yup.  I confirmed that the novocaine (novacaine) had epinephrine in it.  Sigh...

Do any of you cold brew coffee?  I saw this recipe for Perfect Iced Coffee and got inspired.  I must admit that I've developed a bit of a girl crush on Ree Drummond.  I spent 3 hours reading the saga of remodeling The Lodge.  I mean, b/c everyone has 3 houses and can spend $40,000 on heart of pine floors for 5,600 sq ft.  It's the pantry that makes my heart go pitty pat.  You can't see the other side where there is a huge freezer/ fridge combo and a commercial grade sink.  In the pantry.  Actually, she seems very grounded and I really loved reading about the remodel and seeing the decisions and progress.  Glorious pantry.

I got a Toddy from Amazon.  It looks like this.

I used Blues Brothers Coffee from Ryan Bros. here in San Diego.  If you live in San Diego and haven't heard of Ryan Bros., you should try it.  They have amazing coffee- Coronado Moonlight is delicious!  But I needed a darker brew for iced coffee.  It's in the barrio basically almost underneath the Coronado Bridge, but I haven't been shot at yet... or offered drugs... I must not be very threatening.  I've never felt unsafe, but it IS kind of in the barrio.  The store is really cute and has a good vibe.  They also have amazing rooibos tea.  Red Rooster- very tasty.  Good for PH people!  It is definitely worth the trip.  They have 15 min parking all around the corner on which it's located and I've always been able to park.  

Here is my finished result!  It's delicious.  So smooth and tasty.  Of course I used sweetened condensed milk!  Yum.  And skim milk instead of half and half.  I am saving my half and half for another soup recipe.  I know, I KNOW... soup in June is weird.  I never claimed to be normal :-)  I like iced coffee in a rocks glass.  Makes me feel more interesting.  Or something.  




1 comment:

  1. Ooh, let's get that toddy cranking when I come over. Those iced coffees sound delicious, especially with the sweetened condensed milk (I used to eat that stuff straight from the tin). Yum!

    ReplyDelete