There was a support group meeting last week and I got to meet the girl who was down the hall from me (also a double lung recipient) when we were recovering. It was funny... we would walk by each other's rooms and peer in... very interested but we didn't say hi. Eh, surgery and meds do funny things and meeting new people when you look like an emaciated zombie isn't on your "fun" list.
It was great to finally meet her! Our parents sure talked to each other a lot during those weeks. There was also a woman there who is a 21-yr survivor. With Cystic Fibrosis. Very damn cool.
Oh. Are you wondering how many trick-or-treaters we had? About 75-100. Really not kidding. The main streets ran out of candy (some people had 600+ people). Us? Only 300 extra pieces of chocolate tempting me every day. I wish I'd known about them running out of candy... Jeff could have taken it over to them. So I went to Costco last week to take back the unopened bags (I know... how horrible am I for returning Halloween candy after Halloween) and somehow managed to get a spot right in front. Weird.
Do you know what else is weird? Other than me scoring a clutch parking spot that never happens in the real universe... I keep getting these letters in the mail from Hyundai dealers BEGGING me for my 2007 Hyundai Sante Fe. Some handwritten. Not kidding. Offering 110% of Blue Book and all kinds of incentives for a new Hyundai. Riddle me this... why the heck would I sell off my car that is almost paid for and is in high demand just to get another car payment? And if the 2007 model is so great why doesn't Hyundai do it again? Is the newer Sante Fe crappy? Hmm... I think I'll keep my car thank you very much.
I had clinic today and am very glad I forgot to do bloodwork yesterday since the lab wasn't open. Sometimes my forgetfulness works in my favor! We keep reducing my meds and I don't have 2pm pills anymore! Small victories... The plan is to keep reducing them until we have to start adding others into the mix. It's a very carefully choreographed dance, this medicine routine that I do... Doc thinks the cough might be kind of like asthma or a reaction to allergens so I have a few inhalers to try and see if they make a difference. I really hope they do.
I did the 5K Fight For Air Walk last Saturday. It was a really good time. I walked up these stairs from the parking lot over to the Embarcadero where the race was held. I didn't have to stop. And that's the way I roll...
I am really sorry to any PH people (or any other person that has problems breathing) that I just gave a mild heart attack to just by looking at this pic :-(
![]() |
| I'm not fighting for air anymore! Yippee! |
And because what post would be complete without me making you wonder about my sanity... here's a pic of what Jeff found in our garage rafters. Don't worry... I was inside. What amazes me is how well preserved this specimen is! Jeff said it looked a little dry, but otherwise was completely intact. Yum. We have now lived here almost 9 months and who knows how long it was there before we found it. Muy interesante. And gross. And a testament to the lovely climate of San Diego. Things (and people) last forever! Okay, maybe the cupcake (and some people) had preservatives helping it out...
Oh yes, and that's dryer lint from the lady who lived here before and vented her dryer into the garage. Brilliant, in my opinion. The entire garage was covered in lint and was a fire hazard. We (okay... Jeff) had to vacuum everything in there. He musta missed above some of the rafters on the initial vacuuming... and the Hostess Cupcake :-) But our garage is nice and clean and organized now. The pile of crap in the center of the garage is shrinking with every cleaning we do. Eventually we'll be able to get a car in there :-P



Great seeing and walking the walk with both of you on Saturday. Remind me to not eat the offered cupcakes at your house:/
ReplyDelete