Thursday, November 29, 2012

Making progress! Slowly.

Had a good Thanksgiving and finally ventured out of my house to do some errands on Tuesday.  Ack.  I should have just stayed in bed.  Insanity.  I gave up after 3 stores mostly because my patience with really slow cashiers was running out.  So I gotta venture back out today.  Boo.  I love this time of year but I hate trying to go shopping anywhere.  Don't these people have day jobs?  Geez!!!  :-P

We did have a very productive weekend, though!  Got the Christmas tree put up, the lights hung outside, and most of the decorations put out.  I changed out our duvet cover for a Christmas-y theme.  Max jumped up on the bed and immediately fell/jumped off.  I felt bad for the furbucket so I picked him up to put him back on the bed.  As soon as he started freaking out and clawing me I realized what I had done!!!


Yup, those are gigantic birds!  Okay, the black crows in my neighbor's tree that the cats chirp at are bigger than these little guys.  I put my baby up against obviously vicious attack birds.  I am the meanest mommy ever.  Max absolutely freaked out and I thought it was absolutely hilarious.  I took this pic was as he was cautiously investigating them to see if they would peck his eyes out.  I was laughing so hard it was hard to keep the camera steady.  Man, I don't know what people without pets do for entertainment.  Maybe have kids?  I imagine they are more entertaining than pets!  I love reading Facebook posts about what my friends' kids have done.  :-D

The ru-alking is coming along!  That's what Jeff and I call my 30 minutes of torture almost every day.  My ru-alk.  It is getting easier.  Slowly.  Almost imperceptibly slowly.  I moved to week 3 of my running plan this week and am surviving.  That's run 1 min, walk 2 minutes seven times.  I am so glad it has been cool and overcast here.  It makes getting out there SO much easier.  I am not completely paranoid about the sun and getting cancer (even though, yes, I know I can still get sun through an overcast layer).  My hips and butt and ankles and calves finally don't hurt every second of the running part.  WOO HOO!  Today was actually pretty good.  I didn't look down at the stopwatch until almost 50 seconds into each running part!!  Before I was counting down the seconds from about 35 seconds in.  That sucked.  

Well, I am still paranoid about lip cancer and scalp cancer and skin cancer and bone fractures and germs and my cholesterol and my blood pressure and... and...  my eyelashes are falling out in clumps from my mascara so I had to switch that up.  At least I hope it's the mascara.  I didn't know that the long-wearing mascaras could cause that until I checked the Googler.  

I have 2 Christmas parties this weekend!  I feel so popular.  Ha ha.  I am super excited to see John Williams in concert next week with Jeff.  Then there's December Lights in Balboa Park, the Holly Jolly Trolley ride to see the lights, a dental appt and Stacey's coming into town.  Lots of awesome stuff to do!  Well, except for the dental appt.  

Alrighty, time for me to head out to pick up some meds and run some errands.  Yay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment