Well, crap. I felt fantastic on Monday. Found some peppadew peppers at Vons, Jeff and I had a great time sitting outside and enjoying the weather while eating goat cheese stuffed peppadews before dinner, and I was excited about making dinner. It's rare that I have any energy at all after grocery shopping.
Well, I snapped my stupid Groshong line. It's the stupidest IV ever since even the damn place that installed it didn't seem to know much about it. It's a flimsy piece of crap. It snapped in 2. So I clamped the line and off Jeff and I go to the ER. It's pretty serious because I only have about an hour before I start feeling like death. The half-life on Remodulin is about 4 hours, but I really start feeling the effects of not having meds pretty quickly. I did turn white and have blue lips, which is always fun for the nurses :-P
By the time we got the peripheral IV started, it had been about 90 minutes. I was definitely feeling bad. Luckily, it only takes about 2-3 hours to start to perk up again!
They installed a Broviac line back on my right side and pulled the old, broken line on my left side. The doc had to dig for quite a while to get the cuff out. Guess the other hospital placed it too deep. And this doc wasn't too happy that the end of the Groshong had been flopping around in my heart for 2 years. I said that yeah, that hospital pretty much screwed up anything anyone touched and they installed the line too deeply into my heart. He even showed me the cuff after he dug it out :-) Some of you know why I was super happy to see the cuff still attached to the line...
So now I'm at home, about 24 hours later, and ready to start healing from all of the recent surgery to my chest. The new line is nice and long and I am so much happier to have a nice, sturdy line to work with. Let's hope it lasts until the transplant! Then they can pull that puppy and never put it back. Jeff is making me fajitas for dinner, so I am gonna go see if he'll let me help him. Jeff makes dealing with all of this crap so much easier and I love him so much. I'll keep him :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment