So 3 days ago I woke up at 7am to what I thought was a cat in the pantry going insane. I freaked OUT. After finding both cats staring intently at the microwave, I discovered that an animal was in our microwave vent.
DH got up on the roof to assess the situation. There was a small hole in the screen around the vent, but Jeff couldn’t figure out how an animal could have gotten in. Hours go by. Silence. About 3:30 in the afternoon, the animal is going berserk- I am freaking out because it is seriously trying to get into the house! We call our landlord and the owner came out to investigate. Of course, the squirrel (now I’m pretty sure it’s a squirrel) has quieted down. Hear it right before I go to bed, but nothing drastic. The owner hopes it dies soon since it’s easier to get out a dead squirrel than a live one.
Quiet all yesterday. Until 3:30pm again. I hear a sound like pee on metal. No…it can't be... NO!!!! I am talking to a friend on the phone and she wonders if the pee got inside the microwave. I hesitantly open the door…. there is a puddle of squirrel pee in my microwave!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY?? I throw some papertowels in there and shut the door.
Of COURSE DH is out of town this weekend. I call him and tell him to let the owner know the squirrel peed in the microwave. Today at 8am… owner shows up to get the squirrel out (I am NOT a morning person). They decide it’s better to let the squirrel out in the house than in the attic (WTF?), so I shut all the bedroom doors and open the front and back doors and pray. They loosen the microwave and the squirrel finally decides to climb up the rope they put down the vent to go out the top to the roof (oh, happy dance!). The squirrel races across the roof, jumps off the end and faceplants into the fence. Heh heh.
They had to replace the microwave because squirrel pee got into the vent fan, all down the inside of the microwave, and everywhere. Sigh… only 35 more days and we move to San Diego! I am really, really ready. Stupid squirrel pee.
No comments:
Post a Comment